Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Milk, Steak, & Date

Judah asked me why I always drink so much water (which I probably don't drink enough...). I explained to him that as summer comes, it's very important for our bodies to have extra water...and Mommy particularly needs more water because my body makes milk for Eden. He thought for a few moments. "So, with Jesus in your heart, does He tell your tummy to make milk for Eden?" It's a little difficult to explain to kids that God created things to work a certain way and then it keeps working that way. Sounds close to deism...but that's not what I mean. After making a big mental effort in trying to explain that, Judah simply said again, "So Jesus tells your tummy to make milk?" Well, yes, He does! His creation obeys the rules He has set forth...but without God continuing to hold all things together, I suppose my tummy wouldn't have to make milk if it didn't want to. :-)

I accidentally put Judah's big boy cup of milk in front of Elijah at breakfast. The boys promptly pointed out my error. I corrected the problem while saying, "I'm sorry...My mistake!" Elijah, in a that's-so-silly voice, said, "You're not a steak, Mommy!'

Hubz surprised me last night by informing me that, unbeknownst to me, he secured a sitter for Friday night. That means a date, people! Such a rarity with three youngins! Where to go...what to do...


3 comments:

besnini said...

Oh how your blogs make me smile :) Judah is so smart, I am glad I ask the Lord to give you wisdom. Eljah ::sigh:: what can I say "you're not a steak Mommy!" I love it. And so grateful to God for the man he gave you.

Hong and Tami Kim said...

Hi! I lost track of your blog for a while. I don't know why I haven't put you into my GoogleReader. Anyway, congrats on the third baby!!! a sweet little girl! :) I love her name. Hope all transitions well for you guys.

Beth C said...

Love your stories....little kids say such cute things. Isabella always brightens my day with her silliness. It's always hard to explain the order of the world to little kids. But I just explain that God is a God of order, and He has made the universe to follow certain rules because it reflects his nature. For instance, gravity or the earth spinning. He set all that in motion and he keeps it going. Mothers produce milk because it reflects God's order and also his love and sustaining of babies. Anyway, that's how I always explain that stuff to my kids...that way they get a science lesson and a theology lesson...it's all connected.

Powered By Blogger