Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Cute-isms

Judah

He had Skittles for the first time last night. He loves them. And he calls them "crystals."

You can be praying for Judah. The last couple weeks he has had some pretty deep questions for a three year old that are exciting and serious at the same time. Questions about what happens to parts of your body when you die (what happens to your lungs? can you talk when you die?). Questions about guns (what is a gun? can it make you die?). Questions about hell and heaven (where is the fire at? Jesus is in heaven?). And he really is starting to seemingly take in our talks with him about the sin in his heart. So be praying for soft, rich soil for us to continue planting seeds in. We do desire him to know Jesus personally at an early age, but the LAST thing either of us wants is for him to grow up with all the right knowledge and behaviors without the heart firmly rooted in Christ -- the biggest trap of growing up in a Christian home that both Matt and I experienced.

Elijah

He also had Skittles for the first time last night. I gave them to him one at a time and watched closely to be sure all was ok. All of the sudden, as he was munchin' along, yellow drool started running down his chin. That candy turned on his salivary glands full force! At one point, he shook his head no and spit was flying. Ever seen Turner and Hooch? :-) Needless to say, he likes the Skittles. I do, too, actually......

Last post revealed that he says "No yike it." Well, he's started a new game with that. This is how it goes:

Lij: No yike it.
Me: You don't like it?
Lij: I DOOO yike it!!....No yike it.
Me: Aww, you don't like it?
Lij, with a sly grin: I DOOO yike it!!

hih-muh-muh-mus: hippopotamus
sahk: shark
stine: Little Einstein
dez sumping wong, Mommy: fuller phrase of "There's something wrong, Mommy"

E3

I had a dream a few nights ago that I felt the baby moving on the inside and outside of my tummy. I woke up in a half-stupor and realized I had my hands on my belly trying to feel the baby moving. That would never happen at 15 weeks! But I kept trying to feel...until I woke up all the way and realized how silly it was. But...

I felt the baby for the first time yesterday. I sat there quietly reading a book in the silent, sunshiny afternoon. I felt tiny little "twitches" in my lower left tummy. To be frank for a moment, a seasoned preggo will wait for gas bubbles to pass in order to know if it was truly the baby or something else. But time went on, and I kept feeling the little flutters without any other results. That's when you know it's the baby. :-) I've been waiting for this. Time to start cherishing this last pregnancy even more!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger