Since my last post, alot has happened. But since I only have a few readers, I know you all know the big ticket items like pregnancy, family visits, and such. :-) Just a cute little update for journaling purposes...
Mattism
Last night, I desperately needed to pop my back after sitting for too long at small group. My back hasn't really cooperated with me lately when I need to pop it, so I wasn't expecting anything great. I twisted to my right, and CRAAAAAAACK! All the way from top to bottom! Boy, did it feel wonderful! Unfortunately, it was also loud. A few who heard it gasped in shock and/or disgust. Well, anyone who is a back popper knows you can't do one side and not the other. So I twisted to my left to quickly finish, not really expecting much again. CRAAAAAACK! Wow. Ok! More gasps. Then Matt turns around and says to Robin and Emilee, "Would someone go find the king's horses and the king's men to put my wife back together again?" I'm still giggling over that. Must have just hit me right. He's got some quick wit, that man!
Dawnism
This morning, Matt and I got to have breakfast/news together before the boys woke up due to a late night last night. Matt poured himself some cereal and walked to the fridge for the milk. I got a mug down to pour myself a cup of coffee. As Matt was saying maybe he wouldn't have cereal because we are low on milk, I proceeded to pour coffee over his cereal rather than in my mug. I helped him decide not to have cereal and have yogurt instead. Wow. Gotta love those completely brainless moments!
Judahisms
"breh-bres" - still can't say breakfast :-)
"rabee-lolee" - ravioli (too bad he doesn't like it)
-The other day, I laid my head in his lap and said "Can I snuggle in your lap and take a nap?" He looked down with an astute stare and frankly said, "This is not a pillow." ::shock:: Ok then.
-When I lay him down for his nap, give him a kiss, and say "I love you," he likes to say "See you in the mean train." Ok. Whatever, silly boy. :-)
-I now understand how irritating it must have been for my mom when I wanted to watch shows or movies over and over and over and over and over. Fireman Sam, if I have to watch you save the day one more time.......
-Judah's favorite color is red. Make no mistake.
Elijahisms
-"sumping wong" - something is wrong (said in the most precious high pitched voice)
-"I do it" - no translation needed
-"no yike it" - I don't like it.
-This kid is really starting to talk. I "read" a colors book with him the other day that has all sorts of picutres in it. He can pretty much repeat whatever you ask him to! I had no idea he could say so many words. "Avacado" is pretty cute to hear. It's still different for us to watch his speech develop because he is much different than Judah who talked early and very clearly. But it's very cute and endearing at the same time. It's getting to the point where occasionally I find that I don't need to translate for someone else. That kinda pulls at the heart strings -- it means he's growing up.
-Elijah is showing signs of organization and cleanliness. He will take his shoes and socks off, shove his socks into his shoes, and then put them on the shoeshelf -- all without being asked. He lines up cars in a perfect row. He places stickers one directly on top of the other (Judah lines them up in a row). Puzzles have to be complete. He separates cars from trains and places them in their proper boxes. Just fascinating. We're still working on mealtime cleanliness and skill, but he is really growing by leaps and bounds in that area compared to where he used to be. Praise the Lord! :-P
-He is our little engineer. He shoves things in places they don't belong to see what happens (great). He takes things apart, looks them over, and puts them back together. He builds really great towers with his legos...and will sit there for a long time quietly working on it without getting frustrated (unlike Judah).
-Elijah sometimes likes me to rock and sing to him at night. If I just rock him without singing, he leans back, points to my lips, and quietly says "Seen" (sing).
-He is very good at bringing Judah down when they wrestle. Beef vs. String Bean. Judah's gonna have to rely on agility, I'm pretty sure. 'Lij? He'll just sit on you. And yet he still weighs a couple pounds less than Judah. It's ALL in how you carry your weight!!
Baby E3isms
-While talking today with my little sis about what animal we'll choose if E3 is a boy, I realized something very cool. While the boys were still in my womb, we picked out what animal we wanted them each to grow up with. We chose a lion for Judah...and his personality is social, hot tempered, and in charge. We chose a monkey for Elijah...and his personality is playful, mischievious, and adorable. Odd how that worked out perfectly. Makes me nervous to pick one for the third boy (if it's a boy!) If it's a girl, butterfly hands down. Purple with probably green and either white or brown accents. I don't mind pink, but don't drown us with it please! We're way too used to boy stuff around here!
-Speaking of doing butterflies if E3 is a girl, I found the PERFECT quote that will go in "her" room. "If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies" (author unknown). How awesome is that?? If we have a girl, everything will change around here. And if we don't have a girl, I don't get to have a butterfly baby. Change = butterfly baby! :-D That makes my heart happy.
-I'm waiting to feel E3 any day now. I felt Judah at 17 weeks, and Elijah was at 14. So we'll see!

2 comments:
What a sweet butterfly quote! Our little girl's room is purple and brown with butterfly accents, and I completely understand your slight aversion to pink. I'm excited that you're having E3 and can't wait until you have your gender ultrasound!
Great post...some comments
Matt: yes, he is quick witted...one of the things I love about him :)
Dawn: at least you didn't pour cough meds in your own hand. Coffee with your cereal??? :D
Judah: "This is not a pillow."??? That cracks me up! I don't remember you watching a show over and over...Maybe the Lord lets us forget
Elijah: I think he is as smart as his brother, just in a different way...a little scary. How sweet he likes you to sing to him. It made me think of Janet's kids, who would tell her to stop singing :D
E3: I can't wait to find out what gender this baby is....It will be interesting what animal you come up with if it is a boy
Post a Comment