Monday, December 29, 2008

Noo-Nuhls

I've crossed off another food on my "I've never made..." list. Noodles (aka "noo-nuhls" in Judah-speak). I had stuff to make a basic spaghetti sauce today, but only egg noodles. We don't think the two go well together, so I opted to try making homemade noodles. A little over an hour and a severly boiled over pot later, I had bonifide basil-seasoned noodles. Mix a little shredded parm in with some good garlic/herb canned spaghetti sauce, and bingo! A yummy pasta bowl! But, I will pay for the convenience of store bought noodles any day. At a buck a box, it is MUCH cheaper than homemade noodles after you consider the ingredients, electricity, time, and muscle power that goes into it! Sheesh! But they were yummy -- I love basil!

Who knew that play dough could hold little guys' attention for such a good chunk of time? Included in the boys' stockings this year were four little cans of the colorful squishyness. To my knowledge, today was the first time they have ever played with it. Elijah, of course, immediately tried to eat some. (Thank you, play dough makers, for producing nontoxic dough!) He didn't like it, but it made it's way to his mouth a few more times over the course of 45 minutes. We made balls, bars, Saturn, circles, a butterfly, a fish, bowling ball and pins, a snowman, used a couple cookie cutters, handprints...it was great fun! And not really that messy either. :-)

I borrowed a machine from a friend and got crafty last night. I finished three garters I've been working on for a friend who will be married soon. I also sewed Judah a new travel blank since his other one is LONG gone (lost it sometime back in June on our trip to AR). :-( The new one is bright blue soft fleece with a bright green trim...matches the monkey/lion mural. If I find a cute lion patch and get my brand new sent-back-for-repairs machine back, I'll add that and his name to the blanket. It's fun to be crafty!

This picture represents what I'm coming to love more with each passing Chrsitmas/winter -- snowflakes in white and silver. For just $10 at Michael's Dec 26th sale, I was able to get three types of decor to fill out our new tree. It was so much fun! I never would have thought I'd be a ribbon person; but the more I saw it this season, the more I loved it. I even put a pretty bow at the top of the tree (so not like me, usually). And the little snowflakes (30 total!) are only about an inch wide. So cute! I also noticed the little ball clusters alot this season; and again, the more I saw them, the more I liked them. They add such a subtle but beautiful detail, especially the cranberry looking ones on trees that have a red foundation. I also liked the trees that have red poinsettias on them!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger