"I don't even know dat."
I have no idea where he picked up this phrase, intonation included; but it drives me nuts. It's so cute but SO annoying! I think he tries to use it when he means "Oh, I didn't know that." Gah! I need to get some video of it.
A conversation from yesterday as we were going over some of Judah's verses...
Me: In every thing...
Judah: Give thanks! Firs Teslonians 5:18
Me: We should be thankful, huh, Judah?
Judah: Yeah.
Me: And who are we to be thankful to?
Judah: No. (meaning I don't know)
Me: Are we to be thankful to God?
Judah: Yeah. pause I'm God.
Me: No, Judah isn't God.
Judah: I'm God.
Me: No, Judah isn't God. God created Judah.
Judah: looks down at the picture of blue fish in his book Fish are God.
Me: No, fish aren't God. God made the fish.
And then we went on our merry conversational way. It was too cute how matter-of-fact he was in saying he was God.

3 comments:
At one point Glenn M. thought he was God too...must be a boy thing to announce it :) I'm sure girls think they are God as well. Praise the LORD that He alone is God and that He is not like us. Precious conversation though:D
sounds like you are raising a really good pantheist there. Just kidding.
For a while, S used to drive us nuts because whenever she would tell us something she'd follow it up with, "you didn't know that?" It was remarkably irritating for being such a cute little thing to say!
Sorry, it's been a while since I've been on your blog, so I'm a little behind on commenting! Your story reminded me about a song Liliana was singing today. She started out singing a song about how the stars bow down to God. But by the end of the song, she was singing about how we should bow down to the stars. EEK! Little kid theology is kinda scary sometimes (but is awfully cute, too.)
Post a Comment