Friday, August 22, 2008

Thumbs are Useful

I finally went to the doctor to have my right thumb joint looked at. It's been bothering me for several months, but more so in the last month. I feared the worst -- a cyst that would need to be removed. But I heard the best -- a simple inflamation of the tendon and the sheath that surrounds it. So I'm taking ibuprofen regularly for the next two weeks and have one of those gloves for carpal tunnel (though that's not what it is) to see if that helps it heal. If not, then we'll start on the x-ray and hand doctor path. The doc is pretty convinced this is the problem and deemed it a "life inury" meaning that life has injured my joint. Especially having 1 and 2 year old sons. :-)

Elijah!




4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

What a CUTIE!!!! ::Sigh:: I can't wait to have kids... well, yes I can, but only because I have to! :-P

Anonymous said...

So glad that's all it is! Ibuprofen and a wrap sound wonderful next to the things you had imagined it might be! Praise God!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathie said...

Oh that boy makes me smile!!! Judah in his big boy pants makes me smile too. Is 'Lijah walking more? Had my pedicure today :) it was quite nice, my toes are about the color of your mixer :D

Powered By Blogger