Friday, December 16, 2011

T.G.I.F.

During school one morning...
Me: You have a good memory, Elijah.
Elijah: That's because I eat Smarties.
Judah: He's so silly.
Elijah: Guess who else needs to eat Smarties?  The Mommy Miller so she can remember how to build a moth [paper airplane].  I know you taught her once.

The morning after a dinner date Hubz & I had...
Elijah: Did you have fun at your dinner last night?
Me: Yes.
Judah: What did you have for dinner last night?
Me, nervous laugh: Deer, squash soup...
Elijah: You had a killed deer??
Judah: Yes, they ate killed deer for dinner.  Mr. Nye must have bow an arrowed it.
Elijah: That would be yucky.  I don't like deers.  I like for them to be alive and not bow and arrowed.
Me, having trouble connecting the mental picture with what I ate: Ok, can we stop talking about this?

EDIT: Later, when I was telling Hubz about the deer conversation, the boys went crazy (as boys/men do).  "...bow and arrowed...with fuzz...and blood everywhere..."  Oh deer.  I mean...dear.

1 comment:

besnini said...

three words: cornish game hen ::slinking away as I laugh wickedly::

Powered By Blogger