Friday, December 09, 2011

T.G.I.F.

My poor son Judah.  He's only 5, and he already has a recurrent gray hair upon his head.  I'm his 29 year old mother, and I've only found one on my own head a few months back that has not returned (yet).  So this rogue hair on Judah baffles me.  Either he is stressed by our family, stressed by his own level of energy, or is showing a physical sign of early wisdom.  I hope it's the latter!  Anyway, today, I noticed it is getting quite long and stray compared to the rest of his hair; and I gave a little sigh as I touched it.  Judah pranced away down the hall singing, "I'm turning into a grandpa!"  Makes me giggle.  :-)


You know those moments as a mother when you realize someday or another you're going to have to bite the bullet and teach your kids how to do tasks, knowing they will be messy and fail a lot until you LET THEM practice enough?  Yeah.  Cracking eggs.  I don't know what the books say about the appropriate age to begin teaching children how to crack eggs, but Judah always asks.  Today, I gave in.  How on earth do you teach a child to not squeeze an egg but to poke his thumbs in the crack at the same time??  We parents take for granted how "easy" things are...until we have to actually explain it in words.  :-P  As Judah was trying his hand at cracking the eggs (oh my heavens), Elijah ran up and saw him.  "I wanna hatch a egg, too!!!!"  HA!  So cute.  Then Judah asked, "How does an egg get inside the shell?"  ::stunned::  Praise the Lord for the "God made it that way" answer.  Cuz I don't know how to explain the answer to that question other than referring to the Almighty Creator of chickens!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger