Today was the first time I had a "no" session with Eden -- to which she threw what I would call her first little fit over a non-necessity. Boy, she wanted those puzzle pieces the boys had. I let her explore a few with touch and sight, but it was the "no, don't eat them" that really got to her. I knew this change would come. Every child at some point moves from the "purely innocent" (which they are not) to manifesting a self-centered heart. A sad change. Until you remember it is reversible with the blood of Christ!
I love when Elijah says we're having "buh-lee-dohs" for dinner. He means burritos. Another R's-are-L's word. I'll be sad when that changes.
Speaking of food and changes, I've introduced Eden to enough foods now that it's time to change over from store-bought baby food to home-made. I did it with the boys, so it's not a new skill. But it still seems daunting. Which it's not. It's super easy (especially with some tools a friend loaned me today). It's just the initial thought of adding that to meal management. But I'll enjoy it. And so will she. I promise. ;-) It is the first time, after all, that I have EVER purchased sweet potatoes and had them on my counter just waiting to be cooked!
Yes, change is good. It makes life interesting!

3 comments:
We pray daily that the hearts of all the grandchildren will be changed by the blood of Christ on day. Did you purchase "fresh" sweet potatoes or canned? Just curious.
You have never purchased sweet potatoes?????????? I love those things and usually always have them in my kitchen. They make a quick, easy and tasty meal!
omgosh!! make baked sweet potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, sweet potato oven fries... YUM! and yes, you need a super sharp knife and a strong arm. :)
Post a Comment