A few times the past couple days, I've heard Judah ask Elijah to "come to the meeting." I asked him once what he was talking about. He explained that it was a pretend meeting by their dresser, but I couldn't discover a reason for the meeting. :-)
Proof that a kid's memory is better than we anticipate: Judah is 3. We do watch some TV, but not a whole lot. Mostly a little news in the morning, an occasional cooking show, and sometimes nightly news and the "letter game" (Wheel of Fortune). The rest is all kid shows. So they are not really exposed to many commercials geared for adults. BUT... Last night, we had the TV muted during commercials while watching the letter game. Judah was half-playing, half-paying attention to the TV. A Geico commercial came on, one without the typical spokespeople. At the very end, the word "Geico" came on screen, and Judah blurted out "Guy-co!" He knew what it was simply by the look of their logo. No audible words necessary. And he's 3. I wonder how many other logos he would know by now. I know there's been studies done on this, but I've not heard of any that used 3 year olds who don't watch a ton of TV as their subjects. :-P
Elijah says SO much now! You can carry on conversations with the kid! He shocked Matt the other day at dinner by saying "five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten!" He's shocked me by regularly recognizing the letters A, B, and E. He can say tons of sentences loud and clear that it's almost getting the point of not having much cuteness to translate and tell about! But here are a few things that are still cute...
Fire Druck: fire truck (and sometimes the "truck" doesn't sound so kosher...)
Eatmahl: oatmeal
Foo tee-ohs: fruity cheerios
Sooz me: excuse me
Bah-po: pillow (took me a while to figure this one out)
Judah is starting to plan things out (even saying "here's the plan") and used the word "loudly" correctly yesterday. Many hand gestures to go along with his conversations, too! Cute, funny, and scary!

4 comments:
I give a gold star to Judah for using an adverb correctly! He now does that better than some adults I know. :)
i loved how Elijah is having trouble with saying truck in a, um, a less than desirable way! bella is having the same problem. i was getting some fabric cut at hobby lobby the other night and it had fire trucks on it, and bella kept screaming "fire -uck!" over and over again. some of the other customers were snickering, but the lady cutting the fabric was less than enthused. i was pretty embarrassed.
I'm with Jennifer (no wonder we're such good friends) LOL High fives to Judah for the correct use of an adverb! I remember the first time Nin did that (correctly used an adverb) - I literally stopped and cheered. :) And oooooh, I hear ya on the truck thing. Annie's "truck" doesn't always come out so great. I always pray she doesn't say it in Sunday School or shout it out in Children's Worship...
The fact that Judah recognized Geico had me laughing! What a memory! Trey (also 3) cracked me up the first time he recognized the Lowes logo on something - it's not like we shop there a lot or anything. It's so funny how things just stick in their little minds.
Post a Comment