Been pondering this today for a friend...
Mothering is sacrifice, pure and simple. Laying aside self to make sure that our children grow up with all the mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual capacities and abilities that they need to function well in this world. And when you are doing that for more than one child at a time all day every day, that just compounds the sacrifice. Perhaps that is why Christ calls us to lay down our cross DAILY...because it is a daily struggle to live this life by ourselves, much more help several other people live theirs.
I've had many days where being a mom seems too much for me. And I'm SURE there will be many more. But I have a reminder all of us moms -- it will never be too much because this is what God has called us to. I Corinthians 10:13 promises that He will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we are able and that He will always provide us with a means of escape. There are MANY temptations present when mothering, and He knows that. He wants us to be moms. What a thought! And more, God Himself as the Holy Spirit lives inside our hearts every moment of every day. If that's not a way of escape, I don't know what is. When all other escapes fail, He will not. We just have to take His way of escape. And, praise the Lord for husbands who can serve as ways of escape. God bless them for living with their wives in an understanding way!
Life is tough stuff. But it is a glorious adventure overall -- and truly a blessing from the Lord. I remember an old lady from my home church once told my mom that "You can't have a beautiful sunset without some clouds." A quote I will never forget when I go through hard times.

No comments:
Post a Comment