Monday, May 18, 2009

Watching

Here are three watching moments to share for today...



I stop watching for a moment, and then look back to find Elijah's cup stuffed full of his quesadillas.



You've never had a real Star Trek movie viewing experience until you have had the following all at the same time:

-IMAX theatre (including scenes so loud you have to plug your ears)
-Your glasses so you can catch all the details you missed last time
-Shared popcorn, soda, and butterfinger minis with your best friend (who happens to be your Love) that you know is adding inches to your hips while emptying your wallet at the same time. I mean, seriously, a large popcorn and large soda combo is MORE than your admission to the movie itself??
-A stranger (or just strange?) who is also viewing the movie complete with a bright purple section of hair, knee high white socks, and patent leather pink combat boots.
-Massive amounts of foul body odor wafting from behind you every time those particular viewers moved an inch
-A very mousy young lady in front of you who clapped her finger tips faster than a hummingbird's wings every time there was something exciting happening on screen...so much so that you actually missed a couple of your favorite shots because you were so lost in thought as to how someone can love a movie THAT much...and then her sister joined in a few times
-Good friends who are just as sane as you are but are still fans of the movie :-)


I'm watching my Hubby turn another year older today. I love that man beyond words or actions. He is God's greatest gift to me -- a personalized definition of his name! Thank you, Lord, for the completion of yet another wonderful year of enjoying life with my husband and watching him struggle, grow, and mature to be more like You in all he does!

Happy Birthday, Love!

2 comments:

aboveallshadows said...

I personally don't think ONE large popcorn/soda will add INCHES to your hips, especially shared. That's how the cinemas make their profit by gauging folks with the food, cause the ticket price goes to the film companies. You don't have to buy it, but I simply consider it part of the experience.

Very amusing experience. I think I could live without it, though! LOL. And this from a pretty big movie nerd, which I inherited from my dad.

Lola said...

Hmm...I wonder who was watching you.

Powered By Blogger