Because Matt left super early this morning and Judah has been low on sleep, I had the treat of not opening my eyes to start the day until 7:26. It was beautiful to wake up to a deep blue sky and warm brown trees as the sun was on it's way. It was one of those mornings where you open your eyes, look out your window, and smile because everything is so peaceful (and you got enough sleep!). So I grabbed my Bible off my nightstand and decided to read a couple of my favorite Psalms. 96 and 97 are perfect for many occasions in life, especially the times you want to worship God for His majesty.
As I was reading through those two Paslms and a few others nearby, two truths converged into one and left me breathless. Israel is God's chosen nation from the foundation of the Earth. Christians are God's chosen people from before time began and into eternity. So if someone is a Christian Jew -- wow! They have been double chosen by God Almighty to live out eternity in His presence. What a special thing to be a Jew and a Christian!

2 comments:
I agree. :)
That is so true. I have know a few Christian Jews...to be honest there is a tad of envy. To have the tradition and Christ. Did you know that as Christians we are spiritual Jews. Not exactly the same...Okay I need to end it here, I feel a book coming on...Maybe I'll e-mail you.
Post a Comment