My sons have both used the term "fast backwards" this week. As in, rewind. I love how simple and innocent childhood thinking is.
The other morning, I woke up and had a very gravelly deep voice. The boys came in my room as is their custom in the mornings. After saying good morning to them, Judah asked what was wrong with my voice. I tried to explain something was going on with my lungs and it was causing my voice to sound strange. So he deepened his own voice and with a silly smile imitated me while saying, "I'm 60 years old..." Mmmkay. You can stop now. Watch it, son!
I'm sure I'll think it's funny some day, but my daughter can make a 2 minute powder/mascara job turn into 10 minutes of chasing her while trying to quickly get ready. In the span of five minutes this morning, she had found a black sharpie and put a big black spot on her palm (Pirates, anyone?)...then I found her in the dark bathroom trying to clean the toilet. All by herself, she had gotten into the linen closet and retrieved the toilet brush and a cleaning wipe then headed straight to the bathroom to start cleanin' that potty. And it's not the first time she's done it. UGH! Thank you? I promise I'll be more grateful for it in a couple years, Sweetie.

3 comments:
Well, I guess they're not too far off, assuming they aren't watching VHSes. You don't actually re-wind DVDs. :-P They are actually just going backwards fast!
The one in the second paragraph made me laugh out loud, literally. I love these posts :)
Post a Comment