As we passed by Toys R Us while running errands, Elijah yelled out, "Look, Mommy! There's Toys For Us!" Indeed, son. Appropriately named. :-)
On that same day, we went to the post office. I've never left my kids in the car alone, so I was surprised when Elijah said he wanted to stay in the van. I was quite hesitant. But the more I thought about it, the more I saw that it would be ok. It was a very small post office, and I would not be long at all. Hesitation still remained a little, so I asked Elijah if he was sure. "Are you really sure you want to stay here? You have to stay in your seat and not touch anything." He was sure. "You REALLY wanna stay in the van?" He said, "Yes, because I will disobey if I go in there." ::heart melts:: My son, in his own way, was fleeing temptation! 'Nough said. I let him stay in the van. As I was paying for my stamps, it finally dawned on me that I heard a car alarm. I looked out the door...sure enough. It was my van. I clicked the remote to make it stop (had to push a few buttons until I figured it out), and sweetly told the Postman that I had never heard my alarm before. He said it was probably good then since I now know what it sounds like. I smiled, thanked him, and went on my way... not informing him WHY the alarm had gone off. Because I certainly knew why. I'm just glad Elijah didn't freak out when it went off (because he had tried to open the door with his foot...and he thought HE had turned it off because apparently he touched the handle again when I clicked the remote). ;-)
I was sitting with Elijah beginning at 3:30 am one morning as he started his round of the stomach bug that has rune its course through our house. After 4 "session" and a brewing fever, he all of the sudden woke up at 4:53 and seemed in great spirits! Still a fever, but very chipper. He started talking about how he was done throwing-up so we could still go to Memaw's house but that he didn't want to get her sick. I said, "Well, maybe she can help take care of all of us." Elijah happily agreed, "Yeah, because she's a girl!" Hmm, I guess he thinks that girls are the ones who take care of sick people. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment