Friday, August 13, 2010

Elijah Cutes

One of my favorite things that Elijah does is that his "R" in a lot of words turns up like an "L."

"I want to pray" sounds like "I want to play."
"It's broken" is always "It's bloken."
"Bread" is "bled."
etc.

I just think it's so cute. Most kids with "R" trouble seem to use "W," so perhaps I think it's adorable because it's different.

Yesterday morning, we got to wake up to a pretty powerful thunderstorm (though short). Elijah reminds me a lot of how I used to react to big lightning and thunder. It almost seems to paralyze him. He runs and hides or finds me. He becomes like a statue and doesn't make a sound. His newest reaction in addition to the above is to turn his head away from whatever window is in the room. And he'll just sit there like that. If he does talk to someone in the room, he won't turn his head to look at the person. He is just frozen in that position, even if his voice is jovial. He is my kid through and through. Hopefully, he'll grow out of his thunderstorm fear before I did (which was in my late teens...or later...).

This morning when we were choosing cereals for breakfast, Elijah wanted the Fiber One cereal. I had him taste a little bit of it because I was in disbelief that he'd choose that over multi-grain Cheerios with strawberries. He liked it. So he had two bowls of Fiber One (half bowls, mind you) and loved it. Is that normal for a 3 year old? To my adult amusement, right as he was finishing his second bowl, he looked at me and said, "I have to go poo-poo!" Guess it does the job right quick in little bodies. ;-)

1 comment:

Beth C said...

Isabella does the exact same thing with her "r" and "l" sounds! I thought it was very unique, too. She seems to get a kick out of how the "l" just rolls off her tongue. Just more evidence that E and I have a future together. ;)

Powered By Blogger