Elijah is quite the little character as of late. This morning, he donned his big snow boots over his solid red footie pajamas and put on one of my elastic hairbands. The other day he got a little ring of yarn I made for a toy crane to pull around and put it on his thumb as a ring, then got a baby chew ring and put it on his wrist like a bracelet -- our little fashionisto. Just now, I gave him some juice because he was thirsty. What is he doing with it? He has his milk from breakfast in one hand and his juice in the other, alternating the sips. I gave him a haircut last night, just a trim. It looks much better! He says "Hiiii, u-daaah" every morning when Judah and I go in to get him. He also says "BUH, BUH" when he wants up. "Beee" for please. He's started participating in bedtime prayers with adorable soft-voiced babble...although the other night, Matt and I promise we heard "ah-oo or isss ay" as in "thank you for this day!" We both immediately opened our eyes and looked at each other with a "Did he really just say that??"
Judah calls his little Noah's ark toy a "shark." To talk with him is to converse with an almost peer! It's fascinating! He's started helping me with some small chores, and I am surprised that it actually does help me rather than hinder. A little slow at some points in getting things done, but he does get them done correctly! I'd say he's potty trained now. Only a couple accidents in the last 2-3 weeks and usually a dry overnight in the morning! It really was over before I knew it -- wonderful! Let's hope Elijah does it that easily when the time comes. ;-)
If you ever need to get food into my boys' tummies, feed them breakfast food -- pancakes or biscuits, yogurt, eggs... They'll shock you at how much they can eat!
This afternoon is our first "extended food lab" for my home ec class. We're making yeast dinner rolls and my favorite quick biscuits. Yummy!
I can't wait to post pics of the boys after tomorrow. They have super cute Easter outfits to go with their super cute good looks! I hope to alter a skirt today that I haven't been able to wear in a long time...it's one of my favorites!
Ok, off to do something.

No comments:
Post a Comment